Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Temporary solution

I'm still working on getting an embedded car music player working, but I've been so busy with so many other things recently that I've rigged together a temporary solution. I got a spare wireless charger and literally hacked it into a car dock (using leftover plastic and hot glue - beautiful). Then some Tasker scripts turn on Bluetooth when wireless charging and automatically start playing music when connected to a Bluetooth audio receiver (this one is perfect and really cheap).



I had to put in a pretty long delay on connection before playing, thanks to some quirks with BT audio media volume levels since Jelly Bean. However it stops very quickly when removed or when the car shuts off. The audio quality is superb as well. No more risking my life trying to play some music in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment