Monday, November 29, 2010

Wearable Computing

So here is another mot-music related post, but it has been 2 months with nothing worth mentioning, so I might as well post something.

My next project is a wearable computer like those made popular by Steve Mann and others. While I am ashamed to admit where the inspiration came from, the more I thought about it, the more awesome it sounded.

I'm starting with a broken Acer Aspire netbook. I found a neat hand-held keyboard from this site that sells really cool shit from China for dirt cheap.

Now, I'm working on acquiring a MyVu Headset I can modify into a transparent HMD.

I made a TODO list for the project. Most of it is silly, unreasonable, etc., but some of it is actually not too difficult, including an infrared camera for night-vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment